Thursday, March 09, 2006

Favourite Literary Character Day, 2006 Edition

When we last left Literary Character Day, I was bemoaning the fact that we went and rented and purchased costumes, and the slight bit of snow ruined our plans. This year, we didn't rent or buy anything, but just went with what we had on hand. We ended up with:
  • Jim Hawkins from Treasure Island. I never read that one, but I think I saw the cartoon once.
  • Anneliese, from Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper. Yeah, I guess that's not exactly a well known literary work. But 85% of girls of that age want to go as a princess.
  • Anne of Green Gables. I've never read that one, but given my interest in Canadian literature, I probably should.
From the reports I heard, it seems like actually dressing as a character from a book was a pretty rare thing.

No comments: