Thursday, March 30, 2006

2006 First Daffodil Day

It seemed like it took forever for the daffodils to bloom this year. From the state of things yesterday, I was pretty sure that today would be the day, and it was.

I didn't remember exactly what day they bloomed last year, so I checked my blog. It turned out that last year's date was 31 March. This year's date was 30 March. That's almost as close as you can get, and it shows that my impression was wrong. They're not any later this year than last.

Happy Spring to those in the Northern Hemisphere. Happy Autumn to those in the Southern.

4 comments:

Ohjeeze said...

My daffy leaves are just popping through the soil.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that daffodils blooming was supposed to signify anything specific.

Couldn't it just as easily have been the pansy?

Anonymous said...

We're a few weeks ahead of you here in southwest Ohio. IIRC, I said something similar last year. One thing I've noticed is that different daffodils bloom at different times, sometimes weeks apart. I guess location and type make the difference. Anyway, some daffodils have been blooming here for two or three weeks.

poutineq said...

I suppose my official start of Spring is when the daffodils bloom at my house. We've had some at other places around here for a while. My house must just be a little behind.