Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Creative Zen Vision:M

For my birthday, my wife got me a Creative Zen Vision:M. One thing I have in mind with it is to have an easier way to listen to audio books on my soon-to-be longer commute. I can't say that I'll be using the video features of it, but then again, it might be neat to have a portable storage for my photos and video clips. Kind of like the stereotypical person in the seat next to you on a plane showing pictures of her grandchildren that she keeps in her wallet, I can do the same with this device.

But the reason why I am blogging about it now is that there was something in the instruction manual that was downright scary. The following appears only in English version; it does not appear in the French, Spanish, or Portuguese versions:

WARNING: The cord[s] included with this product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

Huh? What's up with that?
<=>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And why does only the state of California know about it? Why not other states? Is California overly paranoid? Do they have more money to investigate this sort of thing? Somehow, I think that if something is dangerous enough to cause cancer and birth defects, washing your hands isn't going to help much.