Saturday, September 30, 2006

Overdoing Saturday Morning Breakfast

At some point, I started frying an egg or two for breakfast on Saturday mornings. Usually, I would put it on toast, and make a sandwich. This has been becoming more complex as time goes on. Now, while frying some eggs, I'll toast a bagel or English muffin or something, and apply butter and Vegemite, and then some cheese. Near when the eggs are done, I'll toss a slice of bologna or some lunch meat on the frying pan, and fry that up too. When done, split the meat in half, and put an egg and half slice of meat on each bagel.

Eat two of those, along with a banana and a cup of coffee, and you won't be hungry for lunch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Saturday morning breakfast is similar to my Sunday morning breakfast. My traditional Sunday morning breakfast is a McDonald's Sausage McMuffin with Egg with a hash brown and small orange juice. I usually have a cup of tea after that. I traditionally have a bologna sandwich for Sunday lunch, which is usually late -- close to kickoff time of the early NFL games. If I don't have the big Sunday breakfast, I tend to get hungry during church. On Saturdays, I usually have just a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and a bologna sandwich for lunch around noon (earlier if Ohio State plays at noon). During the week, I usually have a bowl of cereal at home for breakfast (unless I run out of milk or the milk goes bad) and a heavy lunch at work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Wednesday is biscuits and sausage gravy day at work, so I have that for breakfast, followed by a light lunch.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I doubt you were on too thin an ice platform. M&D know I don't always paint them the greatest platform on which to stand ;-) I tend to think its a generation gap thing more than anything else. For myself cattering to the ultra-conservative is fine in some instances but a rather large bore for the most part ;-) You can't please them regardless so you might as well go out there and ignore what they will think, but again that's just me being young and impatient and will certainly be something I will have to change.

Anonymous said...

Not to be stupid or anything, but I fail to see any connection whatsoever between the original blog article and jeremytech's post here.

My Sunday breakfast is usually a stack of homemade pancakes, with real maple syrup. If blueberries are in season, then the pancakes contain them; if not, well, then they are just buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup.