Monday, September 04, 2006

Just The Way You Are

Currently playing on my Yahoo! Launchcast Station: Just The Way You Are. You know, the Billy Joel tune. However, it's not Billy Joel that's singing it. Instead, it's Ol Blue Eyes: none other than Frank Sinatra himself. I'm a big fan of remakes. This is cool!

Here are some of the remakes I have rated on my station. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
One Tin Soldier (Really, anything my Me First and the Gimme Gimmes qualifies and is good.)

Weird Al Yankovic
Bohemian Polka

The Smothers Brothers
The Impossible Dream (The Quest)

Ugly Kid Joe
Cat's In The Cradle

Natalie Merchant
Space Oddity

Honeybrowne
Take Me Home, Country Roads

Bob & Doug McKenzie
The Twelve Days Of Christmas (I'm not sure that this counts as a remake.)

Jupiter Coyote
Duelin' Banjos/Foggy Mountain Breakdown

Live
I Walk The Line

Eva Cassidy
Time After Time

Rush
The Seeker

Johnny Cash
Desperado

Pat Benatar
Helter Skelter

Joe Cocker
With A Little Help From My Friends

The Bangles
Hazy Shade Of Winter

Willie Nelson
Amazing Grace (This song was done by many others, of course. Some do it better than Willie.)

Madonna
American Pie (Actually, I don't like this one.)

Lemonheads
Mrs. Robinson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't rate songs on Yahoo Launch anymore, except for giving the red X to certain songs, e.g. those with highly offensive lyrics such as the "F" word. The reason I don't rate individual songs is they seem to play too often for my tastes, but I guess that would be the point of rating them.

Some recent remakes I'd suggest are:

"No Matter What" -- Def Leppard
"Give a Little Bit" -- Goo Goo Dolls
"The First Cut Is the Deepest" -- Sheryl Crow
"Comfortably Numb" -- Dar Williams