Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This is Getting More and More Expensive!

This upcoming vacation is getting more and more expensive! Since we barely have enough space in the car for the family and luggage for a winter weekend at the in-laws, there is no way we'd be able to fit a week+'s worth of junk, games, clothing, food, stuff, children, etc., in our car. So, I ordered a rooftop storage solution: a "Thule 866 Escape II Roof-top Cargo Bag". (Here's a link to the product at amazon.com, though I didn't get it from there.)

I finalized lodging for the remaining nights tonight. We'll see how it goes. It's fun, but, compared to hanging around at home, family vacations always stress me out!

1 comment:

dfv said...

It looks like some of that weight might be able to rest on your car roof itself. Maybe it's just the picture. I've seen the hard-shell versions, but this one looks more versatile and roomier. I hope those zips are waterproofed.