Saturday, May 21, 2005

Pregnant Action Figures

My wife informed me that there's a new pregnant Padmé Star Wars action figure for Episode 3. I'm sure that this isn't a "spoiler" for anyone. As Ashley pointed out in a comment here, the fact that she's pregnant doesn't come as a surprise to anyone marginally familiar with the Star Wars saga.

Anyway, my wife mentioned that she saw one of these in a store, and thought it was really funny. Personally, I think it's kind of neat. Why can't a pregnant woman with a blaster raise some dust every now and then? It may exist, but I've never heard of a pregnant Barbie® doll. All-in-all, I think we need more pregnant roll models. So, it seems like a good idea to me.

Also, guess who's getting one of the below for her upcoming birthday. (Since she never reads my blog, it's OK to mention it here!)

No comments: