Monday, May 16, 2005

Phone Considerations

We're considering getting a second mobile phone to share between my spouse and me. We've had one since 2000, along with the land-line at home. If we do get a second mobile phone, I don't think we'd need the land-line anymore, so I'd strongly consider dropping that -- I probably would. It doesn't seem like it's a good time to be a non-wireless service provider.

I don't use the telephone much anyway. I always say that if someone has something important to tell me, they'll send e-mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have broadband, you might try skype as an alternative to a landline. Skype itself is free. You can skype-out to a POTS number for less than 3 cents/min, and you can get a POTS number that rings through to the skype program on your PC for less than $40/year. Of course the latter would probably mean leaving the PC on all the time.

poutineq said...

Who wrote the above comment?