Monday, May 15, 2006

This Tastes Eggy

My Saturday morning routine lately has been to sleep as long as possible. Often, it's not possible to sleep all that long. When I wake up, for breakfast, I'll fry an egg so that the centre isn't runny, and put it on a toasted bagel or English muffin or something (with Vegemite, of course). Recently, I added some cheese and noticed that I tasted the cheese a lot more than the egg. Eventually, I got to thinking, "What do eggs taste like after all?" I came to the conclusion that they don't have much of a taste to them. Can you describe how eggs taste? The taste is there, but it's rather subtle.

This is distinct from the texture of an egg of course. Depending on the recipe, the texture can be quite noticeable. But, have you ever eaten anything and noticed a strong taste of egg? Have you ever said, "This tastes eggy?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I've said while eating koogle before.