Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Math Olympian

I don't know much about the "Math Olympics". I mean, getting information from my son is difficult. I know that, one or two months ago, a few students from his class scored high enough on a test to have the opportunity to travel to another school and compete in this event. But my son had little idea how many students were competing in each event, which ages participated, how many people won awards, or anything like that. But, he was indeed the only one from his school to win a first place gold bronze medal, or any medal at all. So, it's impressive, but we have no idea how impressive!

(The djl Zone is on in the background.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son looks very proud of earning a medal, even if he doesn't know how impressive it really was!

Congrats! We never had any math olympians in my family. That's why I got into TV.

I love how your daughter is checking out the DJL Zone in the pic. Does she check it regularly? Should I be censoring myself?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, G!

What kind of medal is it? It looks bronze. You said "first place gold bronze medal". Was that a typo?