Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wood County Courthouse/Bong Window (and a Toledo @ Bowling Green Football Game)

Same deal as last week, but this week's festivities were the Toledo @ Bowling Green football game (Final Score: Toledo 44, Bowling Green 41 2OT). Since we arrived before dark, here's the Wood County Courthouse. I've lost track of how many county courthouses I've taken photos of. I need to organize it all again.


Legend has it that only one window in the courthouse annex has its light on 24 hours a day, the "Bong Window". Legend continues that this is to encourage would-be violators of pharmaceutical laws to stay on the straight and narrow. "Don't let your bong end up here!" or something. However, we couldn't find the Bong Window, so I'm not convinced that it exists.


Here are Djl and Captain Mike with the Timchenkos:


And here's a game photo. BG wore brown shirts for the first time in maybe 10 years or so.


We watched the first half from field level, and the second half from the stands. While were weren't prohibited from the box area, we were certainly made to feel unwelcome. When I got home, it was 26F/-4C, though it was probably a bit warmer at the game. So, while it was nice to have a place to go to warm up at halftime, we didn't want to wear out our unwelcome.

(I regret that I neglected to capture the elusive Donut on non-film digital media in his natural habitat at the hardware store.)

2 comments:

dfv said...

Hmmm..I need to know more about the Donut comment. I didn't think he was particularly handy, but maybe he's a changed man nowdays.

Anonymous said...

You'll be happy to know that in Chicago this week it was in the negatives with the wind chill... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!