Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Winning Going Away

In August, I wrote an entry on the progress of my Fantasy Baseball team. Back then, I had been in first place for a few weeks, and was wondering how long it could last. Well, the answer turned out to be, for the entire rest of the season. I don't think a day went by since that post where I was out of first place, and it never got really close. More recently, my lead had been increasing, and the lead at the end of the season may be just about the biggest all year.

Why did I do so well? I suppose (in a 13-team league) drafting David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, and Andruw Jones didn't hurt the power department, and the bullpen was anchored by Mariano Rivera, Billy Wagner, and Danys Baez.

If you'll excuse me for a moment,

Just a Little Glass

2005 Dave Spiwack League Champions

Here are the detailed final standings:


Here're my team's final batting statistics:


And here are the pitchers:

2 comments:

dfv said...

Good one Dave. I had some bad luck with Marte and Perez this year, but in the end, my bad batting average let me slip down the ladder to equal 4th.

Anonymous said...

Why you gotta rub it in to your opponents like that?

No, really, congrats on a season well played. I was feeling pretty good until about the All-Star break when I crumbled. I felt like the White Sox, but I didn't make the playoffs.

Let's do it again next year, hopefully with better results for me :)

Hey, by the way, how do you have the word verification? A buddy of mine (http://toosmartformyowngood.blogspot.com) has a problem with spam comment posts on blogspot, and I'm sure he would be interested to know how to do that.

Thanks, and congrats again on winning the Spiwack League!