Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sweet Lou Shouldn't Have Quit His Night Job

Lou Pinella has now been a major league manager for all or parts of 19 seasons. (Wow. That many aleady?) Before then, he spent 18 seasons as a big league player, debuting before even I was born. I'm sure he's forgotten like ten times as much baseball as I'll ever know. This said, after listening to him helping to broadcast the baseball playoffs, here's hoping that he finds another managerial job in '06.

Is it just me, or is he awful as a broadcaster?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't most former baseball players terrible as announcers?

I present to you the following examples:

Hawk Harrelson
Joe Carter

There are some good ones like Steve Stone, though.

Anonymous said...

There are some good ones like Steve Stone, though.

And Joe Morgan! I really wish the LCS and World Series were broadcast by ESPN instead of Fox. Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are the best baseball announcers, and you don't have to put up with all the Fox nonsense, like promos for their programs.