Thursday, January 13, 2005

Mustard Again?

Each school/work night, I have my kids make lunches for themselves to take to school, and also have them pack a lunch for me to take to work. (It's good to be the Dad.) Sometimes, they can be a little adventurous. For example, I once mentioned that while I've never had a peanut butter and cheese sandwich, I didn't think I would like to have one for lunch.

Last night my son attempted to make me a mustard sandwich (the kind with cranberries). While such a thing would certainly be edible, it isn't my first choice. I think he was just in a hurry and trying to take a short-cut. I had to ask him, "Would make yourself a mustard sandwich for lunch?" ("No.") "Would you like to have a mustard sandwich for lunch?" ("No.") I got him to also put a slice of meat on the sandwich, and agreed that he could make me a mustard sandwich whenever he also made one for himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!! The kind with cranberries? I've never heard of that before. I thought mustard was made from mustard seeds from Mustard (plants?)....?? Where does the cranberry factor kick-in? -DFV

poutineq said...

Did you click on the link? The cranberry factor is explained at this link: http://www.stadiummustard.com/comingsoon.html. We only bought that kind because the store didn't have the original mustard. I think the cranberry kind is OK, but it's not amazingly wonderful, like the original variety.