Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Invitation to Job Interview

Since it has been a few years since I updated my resume, I've been working at making it up-to-date again. I recently reactivated what I have at Monster. At this stage in my career (i.e., currently being employed) I can be a little choosy with what I am looking for, both in terms of the job and its geographic location.

This morning, I got an e-mail from Ameriprise Financial. They say, "You are being considered for the financial advisor position". Thank you very much, Ameriprise. If you read the first line of my resume, you would have known that is not the type of job nor the location that I am looking for. (I sent a nice reply, saying that it didn't meet my needs at present, but I would keep the information in case my situation changed.)

The point I want to make is that, if you want to work for a company that is willing to consider just about anyone without bothering with the courtesy of glancing at a resume, consider Ameriprise. If you are looking for a financial services company, and you don't care that your advisor was desperate for a job and willing to take just about anything, consider Ameriprise. Others might want to stay away.

No comments: