Friday, July 08, 2005

What Does Lightning Smell Like?

My wife just sent me an IM, asking if I needed anything at the store. I responded that my Anti-Deodorant (as I always call it) is running low, and I could use some more. When describing what kind I like, I just noticed (or thought about) the fact that my current supply is of the manly "Lightning" flavour. What exactly does lightning smell like anyway? Scorched earth? Burnt food? An electrical fire? And is it something I want to smell like?

Lightning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Colgate's website, one can see it's either Lightning, Avalanche, or Cyclone.

I'm guessing that the "Avalanche" smell is a cool, minty (probably contains menthol or synthetic menthol) smell. I'll bet you that the others have "musk" overtones.

In Germany, Axe (a brand from Unilever) is marketed with the types Anti-Hangover, Silver Fusion, Air, Reload, Groove, Speed, and Phoenix, among others. Beiersdorf's Nivea brand has deoderants in Fresh, Sensitive, AquaCool, and Dry. The unisex ones from Fa are called things like Happiness.

Notice that not a single one of these products is called anything in German. That is typical of many German products.