Saturday, July 02, 2005

Old Photo

I was looking through some stuff, and I found a 5x7 of the following photo:

I must have wanted to frame it or something, but then forgot about it. It's from the 1999 (I think) United States Australian Football Championships. What was I doing there, along with Mike, Tom, and Joe? Frankly, I don't recall. :-) It seems both so recent and so long ago...

P.S. A common question I've heard concerning Austalian football is, "Is that like rugby?" In short, the answer is, "No." I mean, it's a contact sport played on grass with teams and a ball, like rugby. But of rugby, American football, and Australian football, the closest similarities are between rugby and American football, with Aussie rules being distinct from each of the other two.

1 comment:

dfv said...

When overseas, 100% of people to date assume I love rugby because I come from Australia. How wrong they all are! But that's the perception. I agree with you Dave, rugby is far closer to American Football than Aussie Rules is. Ours is more like Gaelic Football.