Friday, July 30, 2004

The Kerry Bunch

I was rather impressed by John Kerry's speech at the Democratic convention last night. I disagree with him on just about every issue, so that was no small feat on his part. For example, I don't remember which part of the Constitution mentions a right to health care, and I don't see the need to raise taxes on anyone. By the way, it was interesting to hear the applause at the convention for his proposal to raise taxes on people who make more than $200,000 per year. I wondered to myself how many of the people at the convention make less than $200K annually.

But all-in-all, a good job. I didn't see much that would scare away undecided voters. After the speech, my thinking is that Kerry's opponent had better state the reasons why the public should vote for him, and not just harp repeatedly on why Kerry would be the wrong choice.

What did you think of the speech?

The best moment of the night was when my wife, noting Kerry's 2 daughters and his wife's 3 sons, said, "Almost the Brady Bunch."

No comments: