Monday, July 26, 2004

The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

It would be nice for me to continue write reviews of books here as I read them. Yesterday, I finished The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis. (Here's the Amazon.com link.) If you're not familiar with the concept, it's a collection of letters from a senior demon to his young nephew, who, through temptation, is attempting to bring about the damnation of his first "patient".

There's probably not a lot in the way of a review that I can add beyond what you can find at the link above. But, in short, I thought the concept of the book was very clever, and found it to be very interesting. There are some "Christian" books that I wouldn't recommend to the typical non-Christian reader. That's not the case with this book. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you haven't already, then read this book!

Five stars out of five.

No comments: