Monday, July 26, 2004

Football Practice

Today was my son's first day of football practice. I had been concerned that his "sedentary" lifestyle (despite the fact that he has like 0.3% body fat) would cause him to have a miserable time and hate the physical exertion. So, to get him ready, I had been running about 1 km with him almost every day for about 2 weeks. As so often happens, he got along with no problems despite my reservations.

My son is one of the older kids in the group. He's probably average height and thin for his age. From looking at the kids, it seems to me that there are some younger kids that are big for their age in the group. Compared to the other kids, it seemed he was alert and paying attention -- using those sharp mental abilities to make up for lack of physical talent -- just like his dad would.

Today (and all this week) is just physical conditioning. He said it was fun. I told him it will be more fun once they actually touch a football!

No comments: