Friday, March 09, 2007

Video Game Progress

I got an e-mail from JES regarding my recent post on EA Sports NCAA Football 07. He included the image below and said:
Can I include a picture in a comment on your blog? It's not clear how to do that, so I'll send it to you in e-mail. Feel free to post it on your blog if you want. I was going to say that football video games have come a long way since the days of the Atari 2600!

My comments are:
  1. I don't think you can include an image in a comment. Check with blogger. :-)
  2. Hey, I played Atari 2600 Football! It was fun, though I don't recall it being one of my favourites. Do you remember how the players flashed?
  3. When was the heyday of the 2600? 1982 or so? That's 25 years ago. Considering the advancements in computer gaming during this time, in 2032 (25 years from now) will we be able to tell a computer footbal game from one of today's (non HD, let's say) football telecasts?
  4. Years ago, at a previous employer, I remember my officemate installing a software product called MAME on his work computer and using it to emulate/play various old-time video games like those from the 2600. It was fun. I don't know MAME's current status, however.

No comments: