Saturday, March 31, 2007

Peep Aging

My wife likes Peeps. Doesn't everyone? (To be honest, I'm not a big fan myself.) However, fresh Peeps just don't do it for her. I guess you could say that she doesn't like Peeps that are just born. Instead, they need to age for a while, so that they can have the appropriate crustiness on the outside. So, what we'll do is to poke holes in the plastic wrap and let them sit for a while (a minimum of a few days -- longer is better) until they are ready to eat.

Does anyone else do this?

If you look closely, you may be able to see that the plastic wrap is torn and set down in place. Someone (not this reporter) apparently couldn't wait and took one early.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A local tv news woman stated she does age her peeps so it is quite normal. :-)

CSK

Anonymous said...

I never really cared for them myself. They were OK, but I liked homemade candy better.