Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Not-Quite Blue Ribbon


We spent a good deal of Saturday at the fairgrounds. It would have been nice if they gave awards at the conclusion of each category, or if they would tell people when to be back for awards. But they didn't. So, after arriving at 7:30 AM and talking to the judge at 9:30, the awards ceremony began at around 3:30 PM. (I replaced my wife as chaperone at 1:00 PM or so.) I suppose it was worth the wait. However, the ribbon isn't exactly blue. It's for Fifth Place in Junior Dog Care. And, yes, there were more than 5 contestants. There were something like 11. I'm proud of her. She did a good job!

I hear that the livestock categories don't force kids and families to wait around all day. We're not going to do dogs again next year.

In case you were wondering, D.D. was judged not guilty by reason of insanity.

No comments: