Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Can't Drive 75

(Well, I can, but I don't really like to.)

I did a bunch of driving around on my motorcycle today, definitely the most distance traveled in one day this year. After work, I first hustled over to the Street Fair, to catch some exciting dance studio action:


After that, I hopped on the freeway and rode to my investment club meeting. On the way, I found I had to go about 120 km/h (75 mph) just so that the traffic wouldn't pass me as if I were riding my Trek. While the near-antique 550 cc Kawasaki seems willing to go that speed with no complaints, it's just a little fast for my tastes. At that speed, I have the fear that the whole bike is just going to fall apart or something. It's not that I'm getting old, but the bike is!

Economical, lower carbon emissions transportation; not a lifestyle:

No comments: