Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Not a Good Day for the Mini-Whites

On Saturday, the "Mini-Whites" had their second game. This one didn't go quite as well as the first as they ended up losing 27-0 to drop their record to 1-1. Below is a photo of their snazzy new game uniforms. (Not shown is the gold helmet with red facemask.) Their whole setup is snazzier than we had when I was a kid and played football. No, the helmets were not leather! But, every team did have plain white pants and plain white helmets with gray facemasks.

Unfortunately, I missed the first bit of the game. The Omni needed a pair of tires, and the other car needed a flat to be fixed. That involved more than a 2 hour wait. The cost of a pair of tires was probably more than the value of the car, but I'm sure it will be a safer ride without the balding tires. I hate to invest too much in the Omni, but I also hate to get rid of it while it still runs.

No comments: