Friday, November 24, 2006

Not Another Th@nk$giving from H3||

Not wanting to have a repeat of last year (and the text and photo do not do it justice) my wife and I made plans. Not only would we not travel for the holidays if anyone was sick; as soon as there was one bit of vomit, we would immediately head for home. This way, should we again end up with everyone doing the technicolor yawn, we hoped to at least have it be in the comfort of our own home, where we're better able to deal with such things.

So, on Thursday, when we had been at the second grandmother's house of the day for about 90 minutes, the puke had barely hit the floor before I found myself saying, "Load 'em up! Move 'em out!" I don't think we've ever gotten everything and everyone loaded so quickly before; and we hit the road. The drive home was a bit dicey at times (and I don't think I've driven through that much fog). But as the driver, I'm exempt from having to deal with the messiest situations.

No comments: