Friday, December 10, 2004

Nothing Much to Say

It's been a while since I've made a blog entry. This means that either I have nothing much to say or no time to say it.
  • Last night at curling, I had maybe the most frustrating night since the league (my first) started maybe two months ago. I released 18 stones as we played an extra "end" beyond the regulation 8. It was probably around stone 15 or 16 until I felt somewhat comfortable with my release, and I had some control of what the stones were going to do. I'd like to have some time to practice releasing a bunch of rocks in a non-game situation.
  • Before then, I went to the Christmas pageant at my kids' school. Another sign of my kids' growing maturity is that I was confident that my son would be able to make it through the entire show without fidgeting too much, or otherwise being a distraction or calling inappropriate attention to himself. Maybe sitting on the opposite corner of the room helped, but he seemed to exude a new sense of confidence and maturity.
On tap for this weekend:
  • Get a Christmas tree.
  • Fix a flat tire.
  • Write and send Christmas cards.
  • Maybe go running, or at least otherwise get some exercise.
  • Watch some football, if my favourite team is on the air.
  • Maybe watch the rest of the Grey Cup tape.
  • Finish and finally return the Babylon 5 DVD that I borrowed from a co-worker.
  • Buy some Christmas presents. I'd better get something for my wife. I think I'd enjoy the time a lot more if we did what my parents do, and not buy Christmas presents for each other. But our relationship isn't at that level, I suppose. While I'm on the subject, one year I bought her a large cast-iron frying pan. As I was leaving the store, the (former) pastor of my church was walking in. I was all excited, and showed him, "Look what I got my wife for Christmas!!" He was like, "You got your wife a frying pan for Christmas??" But I knew she would like it, and she did.
OK, that's enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to write out to-do lists. It makes life a lot more satisfying to complete them, or at least tick items off. I've been thinking a lot about satisfaction recently (and yes the newish car gave some satisfaction - but it was temporary and fleeting!). I plan to increase my satisfaction as I get older - but I suspect this also means I will have to get less lazy as I get older (something I will have a hard time doing unless Kim helps). -DFV