Monday, October 25, 2004

World Series Comment: Bring on Game 7!

As I write this, the Boston Red Sox lead the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2004 World Series, two games to none. While I guess I prefer Boston to win, a part of me prefers that no team that has won its most recent World Series before 1948 win a World Series before the Cleveland Indians do.

Also, it seems to me that there would be a certain poetic irony if the Cardinals would win the Series after falling behind three games to none.

But, what I think I would most like is a long World Series. I like the World Series. So, the way I look at it, the more the better. For that matter, bring back the 9 game Series. "I predict the Indians in 8!" d:-)

OK, maybe going back to a 9-game Series isn't a serious suggestion. But, I'd rather see the Cardinals win at least a few and make things more interesting.

No comments: