Sunday, October 31, 2004

End of the Biking Season

With the demise of daylight savings time, it pretty much ends the biking season for the year. The early sunsets no longer allow daylight riding in the evenings. Of course, weekends are still available, but with the dropping temperatures, I don't expect to ride a lot between now and the end of the year.

For the second year in a row, the numbers of miles I've ridden has gone down. I may ride a bit more, but I'm not going to top my 2003 distance.

Year
Distance Ridden (miles)
2002
1168
2003
855
2004
700 (so far)

Motorcycle riding was also off for the year. I kind of make 1,000 miles my goal for the amount of miles I ride on my motorcycle, but this year's total was only 410.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave - I don't see a pump anywhwere. Don't tell me rode all that way without one? -DFV

As for my own yearly tallys, I know I did 4700k in 2003 (About 3000 miles I think), and about only 1300k this year (I didn't start riding until July, and have spent mid-Sept till now overseas). I just bought a new computer (with cadence - yippee) for my road bike, so it officially shows as 1 mile ridden in the U.S. In reality it's been more like 150-180. My last major ride is this coming Saturday morning, and after that I'll have to pack it up into a box for transporting. See you in 9 days time.

poutineq said...

Yep; I don't have a satisfactory pump. For a ride like TOSRV, I am counting on a nice fellow rider to have a pump and lend me a hand. Yes, I know that's not the best approach. I suppose it's the cheapskate approach.

poutineq said...

Also, the distances above don't include riding the Warburton Trail!