Saturday, December 22, 2007

Browns Uniforms

Kellen Winslow made some comments that the Browns would have new uniforms for 2008, and they might be something like what the Denver Broncos currently wear. The assumption is that this is completely false, in part because NFL teams aren't supposed to change their uniforms more than once ever 3 years, and the Browns made minor tweaks for 2006.

But, here is one fan's nightmare concerning what could happen:

(Did Romeo go on a diet?)

And, if the Browns did finally add a helmet logo, I suppose this is the best that they could do:


Personally, I'm not opposed to minor tweaks here and there, as long as they keep a "traditional" look, and they don't look like something that was trendy in the late 1990s. The Browns have been tweaking their uniforms for as long as I've been a fan; I don't see there being one set uniform that they need to keep.
  • Even though orange-brown-orange has been more common, I prefer the brown-orange-brown pants stripes:

  • I don't mind the occasional orange pants:

  • The orange jerseys were OK. I especially like the 3-D block effect on the numbers, and wouldn't mind them adding that to the white and brown shirts.

  • Did the Browns ever have white shirts and orange numbers, or is this a colourised version of a b&w photo?

  • Check out this apparenly early (1950s?) version of orange jerseys:

No comments: