Sunday, July 29, 2007

Are You LinkedIn?

I recently got my second invitation for someone else to link to me at LinkedIn.com. What's the deal with this site? Can someone explain it to me? Is it useful? It seems to me that people enter a lot of personal information, which must be valuable to someone. Also, it seems to make unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims, such as, "If you fill out this section, you're 3.1 times more likely to get a job offer."

So,
  • Are you registered with this site?
  • What good has it done?
  • Do you want to be connected to my site or vice versa? (Are such relationships commutative?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that site. It sounds suspicious to me. It sounds like they're making a pitch to try to get you hooked into something that's probably no good. Personally, I'd stay away from it.