Saturday, April 21, 2007

End of the Road

I went on a non-trivial bike ride today for the first time this year. I rode with some other former employees of my former employer. (For some reason, nobody expressed any regret about the employment relationships being past tense.) We ended up going 50 km (31 miles), which compares to the 8 km that I had previously ridden this year. I'd kind of like to ride more, but when I have time to exercise, I'm working on running rather than biking. I don't feel all that bad -- I think the second half of the ride was easier than the first half. Then we finished it off with a dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant.

Here I am with Jim and Brent at the end of the road. Or, if the bike trail continued from here, I didn't see it. We turned around.


My motto is, "Always stop for pictures with the gigantic carved wooden fire dog."

1 comment:

dfv said...

That's quite a nice bike you got there Dave! And a good length ride to start the season. I'm the reverse of you - I've stopped running, but I'm riding 5 days a week pretty much. The new bike has done about 500k now.